Director of Medical Affairs - Europe
RBP - Reckitt Benckiser Pharmaceuticals
Slough, United Kingdom
To provide Medical Affairs leadership to the incumbent’s local and regional Medical and Scientific Affairs teams across Europe, Russia/CIS and Australia/New Zealand.
- The Director of Medical Affairs Europe has overall country level medical affairs responsibility and sets the direction for the local medical affairs teams across all Europe/RCIS/ANZ;
- Sets the medical strategy for execution in the region;
- Establishes the regional medical affairs network and provides strategic leadership to the local and regional medical teams;
- The role is responsible for ensuring regional medical affairs support for the brands;
- Works effectively with commercial, regulatory and other partners to ensure that global category plans and local initiatives are magnified and executed with excellence in the local markets from a medical standpoint;
- Drives talent development for medical affairs in the regions;
- This position will have 4+ direct reports and a number of indirect reports across the region.
- Drive close collaboration with the wider R&D teams, including Global Medical Affairs, Clinical Research, Regulatory, Safety, Quality, Compliance teams and other key stakeholders to support the local/regional business strategies:
- Develop strong medical responses to enquiries;
- Develop optimal product strategies to maximise the opportunity for the business pre and post-launch across the region;
- Leads a team that contributes to marketing campaigns that optimise the claims opportunities while being compliant with the various national regulations on advertising, copy clearance, claims generation and justification.
- Leads Medical Affairs across the region:
- Works together with the Global Medical Affairs Director to develops and implement best practices within medical affairs to support the local commercial business;
- Provides medical perspectives on all key medical matters for healthcare and other brands;
- Develops and leverages strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and KOLs as necessary.
Skills & Experience required:
- The ability to manage local teams, magnifying and execute global strategies;
- An ability to support existing local and global brands whilst guiding global best practice;
- Experience of people management and offering clear strategic guidance;
- Experience of managing teams, working effectively in a matrix structure and working at an international level.
Technical/professional qualifications required:
- A strong science, pharmacy or medical degree with broad level medical, pharmaceutical or consumer health care industry knowledge and experience is required;
- Knowledge of healthcare practices and regulations;
- Broad knowledge of international regulatory frameworks as they relate to medical and clinical requirements for product registration and clinical research;
- Experience in the Consumer Healthcare sector;
- Experience of partnering with commercial colleagues in markets and a strong understanding of Corporate and operational business issues.
- Results orientated, entrepreneurial and self-motivated;
- Bias for action, capability to define, evaluate and take risks;
- Strong leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills;
- Capable of leading a large multinational team based remotely;
- Building strong working relationships and motivating teams to deliver outstanding results;
- Commercial understanding of corporate and operational business issues and ability to engage and influence commercial partners.