Research Scientist in Food Powder Science & Technology
To complete our Particle Systems group, we are looking for a Research Scientist in Food Powder Science & Technology who will be able to drive research and businesses relevant I&R in the field of powder science, including process and technology mastership.
- Contribute to further develop the science of food powders to enable development of healthier and preferred new products;
- Leverage academic knowledge and evaluate new processes and technologies in the field of particle systems formation (e.g. drying, texturisation, micronisation);
- Translate science & technology into prototypes and concept samples;
- Contribute to external recognition in the field through publications and conferences;
- Actively participate in expert networks to leverage knowledge and promote cross-fertilization between different R&D sites and product categories;
- Develop and coach junior collaborators (e.g. lab technicians, diploma students).
Education and experience
- Process engineer or technologist with a PhD-level in the field of powder science & technology;
- An experience (ideally 3-5 years) in an R&D-oriented environment is required;
- Sound knowledge in Food Science and products would be a strong plus;
- Up-to-date knowledge of quality, safety and hygiene requirements;
- Fluent in English.