Field Application Scientist - Milan
Singulex is a commercial stage, privately held company pioneering Next Generation immunodiagnostics (NGI). Singulex's proprietary Single Molecule Counting technology is the back bone of NGI, and provides unprecedented ultra-sensitivity in the precision measurement of biomarkers. Such reliable ultra-sensitive accuracy provides definitive health status answers for physicians and patients resulting in improved health outcomes and reduced healthcare cost, without reducing delivery of care. Powered by SMCTM technology, the company's NGI commercial offerings are transforming patient care from reactive disease treatment to proactive health management.
The purpose of this role is to provide pre- and post-sales customer and field application support for Singulex's Clarity System. This FAS role is member of the Singulex Global Service and Support team. The individual will work closely with account managers, Global Service and Support team colleagues, the Singulex commercial launch team, and executive management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Fully servicing and supporting customers in an IVD compliant manner;
- Support during customer installations (IQ, OQ, PQ);
- On-site customer training;
- Taking field calls and triaging customer complaints and problems;
- Addressing and resolving assay issues.
This position requires a good understanding of immunochemistry. Experience developing and implementing immunoassays would be a plus. This position requires the ability to work in a pressurized environment. As this is a customer-facing role, the ideal candidate must have a confident communication style and the ability to listen and respond in a clear, logical and accommodating manner. As a field-based employee, this position requires independent decision making skills, initiative, and good time management skills.
- BS/MS degree in biology, biochemistry, or a related scientific discipline or a minimum of three years experience in an assay development or diagnostic/product-related field. (Ph.D. preferred);
- Three to five years of field-based or customer care experience within the pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostics, or academic sectors;
- Sound understanding of immunoassay-based products and adequate laboratory skills to perform assays in accordance with Singulex's instructions for use;
- Must possess strong listening and communication skills along with a solid business acumen;
- Ability to effectively communicate with all personality types with strong interpersonal, presentation, telephone etiquette, and social skill;
- Attention to detail, with a commitment to excellence and high standards and ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels;
- Proactive, motivated, and focused team-player attitude, self-sufficient, and prepared to go "above and beyond" on a regular basis;
- Knowledge of Tecan liquid handling systems would be a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support installation and set-up procedures of Singulex Clarity Systems at customer sites;
- Serve as first point of contact for field calls to conduct triaging and to provide technical assistance and assay troubleshooting;
- Provide on-site follow up with customers to address and fix assay and instrument issues;
- Proactively visit customers for preventive maintenance;
- Log cases and related information (symptoms, issue identification, root-cause analysis, and resolution) into complaint and CRM databases;
- Travel (80%) for installations, customer training, application support, assay and/or instrument issues;
- Provide customers with product information, pre/post sales support and technical advice;
- Provide assay and instrument feedback to Singulex's development and marketing team;
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.