Your ability to understand our clients’ needs and achieve quality results is critical to our reputation as one of the best clinical research organizations (CROs) in the world. PAREXEL Biostatistics units have an excellent reputation in the industry for their standards of work and quality of results.
As a Biostatistician dedicated to late-phase clinical studies (e.g., Phase II - IV, “pragmatic” trials, observational studies, registries; outcomes research) you will lead research design and analytical strategies, input into protocols, develop and review statistical analysis plans and author/co-author reports, abstracts and manuscripts and provide statistical advice. You will input into the quality control of statistical deliverables. As the functional lead within a study team, you will lead the biostatistical and statistical programming activities on a study and be accountable for the deliverables from these functions. Key responsibilities also include project management of deliverables, resource and function specific budget. You will have the opportunity to become a subject matter expert for specific tasks within a key client partnership and to become involved in business development activities.
You’ll be able to develop your statistical skills, working as a functional lead in dynamic teams. You’ll gain exposure to multiple therapeutic areas, have the opportunity to grow and develop your career and be part of a pleasant and flexible working environment.
- Perform or supervise complex statistical analyses and create or provide input to statistical reports – usually in English;
- Cooperate with other departments to optimize the global efficiency;
- Act as a pro-active advisor for all types of analysis during the proposal process as well as during the project life cycle; define strategies and evaluate the statistical resources needed to meet the defined goals;
- Coordinate Biostatistics related project activities for successful completion within given timelines and budget;
- Interact with clients with regard to data analysis, scope of work, and budget;
- Review derived datasets and all types of statistical analysis deliverables;
- Develop complex analysis strategies, and execute them using efficient programming techniques (software: SAS);
- Produce and provide expert input to analysis plans, statistical reports, statistical sections of integrated clinical reports and other process supporting documents;
- Quality control of all kinds of statistical deliverables;
- Training/mentoring of junior members of the department;
- Representing PAREXEL at client meetings.
- Degree in Biostatistics/Statistics or relevant quantitative sciences degree and a Masters or PhD in a statistical subject;
- You have a thorough understanding of statistical issues in both clinical trials (and other randomized experiments) and observational studies (e.g. comparative cohort studies, case-control, retrospective/prospective cohort);
- You will have experience in statistical analysis in a clinically related subject, either within clinical trials or in Epidemiology, either academically or professionally – and/or Outcomes research;
- Experience with oncology and/or diabetes trials would be an advantage;
- You are able to work independently and in a team;
- You are confident, self-reliant, and a quick learner;
- You have advanced SAS programming skills;
- Good oral and written English communication skills are mandatory;
- Ability to travel as required.