Pharmaceutical Development Scientist
The Pharmaceutical Development Scientist will provide technical leadership and coordination of multiple projects in formulation development. He will also continuously promote innovation and knowledge development within the company keeping up to date with the latest developments in Formulation Development. Furthermore he will promote the company internationally through presentations at international conferences and to customers, and through patents and written articles.
- Technical lead of multiple formulation projects making use of state-of-the-art tools and methodologies;
- Plan, supervise and execute formulation scale-up and manufacturing activities;
- Provide technical guidance on CapEx investment and design of facilities;
- Plan and support tech transfers, development, registration and validation campaigns;
- Prepare and manage documentation (procedures, materials, equipment, development and campaign reports);
- Develop new tools and methodologies for formulation development and scale-up;
- Provide scientific and technical support for key stakeholders;
- Comply with the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HSEE directives;
- Keep updated of relevant occurrences and trends that impact the business.
- Pharmaceutical Engineering background, min MSc, preferentially with a PhD or relevant work experience;
- Strong knowledge in pharmaceutical technology, preferentially with sound understanding of formulation development and GMP experience;
- Experience in taking new formulations through clinical phases to commercial launch is a big plus;
- Good understanding of USFDA regulatory requirements; Experience in inhalation technology is highly desirable (blending, precision capsule filling, DPIs, MDIs);
- Knowledge or experience in terminal sterilization, aseptic processing is a plus;
- Experience in other technologies (HME, roller compaction, tableting, coating, creams and ointments, medical devices) is a plus;
- Experience in containment solution for formulation of sensitive or potent compounds is a plus;
- Reasonable understanding of analytical methods (chemical, solid state and performance);Good communication and presentation skills;
- Fluent use of English (written and spoken). Having international experience is a plus;
- Pragmatic, resilient, proactive and with high ethical standards.