Lead Scientific Advisor, IBD, EUCAN Region
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a EUCAN Lead Scientific Advisor for Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) in our Zurich office.
- Responsible for the development of the regional medical plan based on the strategic direction set by the Head EUCAN Medical Affairs of IBD;
- Act as a key contributor in to the development of IBD therapy business strategy, working closely with medical, commercial and market access colleagues across the company;
- Provide authoritative opinion on medical and ethical matters to support colleagues across the regional organization;
- Provide medical and scientific insights to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensure operational collaboration with other departments for Therapeutic Area(s)/Takeda products of responsibility (e.g. Market Access, Marketing & KAMs and other internal stakeholders) to develop cross-brand therapeutic strategy;
- Ensure the correct interpretation and communication of scientific data of IBD products;
- Develop and maintain important relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and external organizations to enable the company to be seen as an industry leader within IBD.
- Create and implement the therapy plan based on the vision set by the Head EUCAN Medical Affairs of IBD and in consultation with commercial and market access colleagues;
- Liaise between the Head EUCAN Medical Affairs of IBD and other functional leads within the EUCAN Medical Affairs team to ensure the functional objectives are aligned to the therapy area vision and strategy as set by the Head EUCAN Medical Affairs of IBD;
- Responsible for the preparation of product specific medical and scientific information documents and materials;
- Contribute medical input into commercial and Market Access strategy and provide overall medical support for operations in therapeutic area;
- Work closely with clinical, commercial and regulatory colleagues on pre-launch planning, including strategic evidence planning and generation;
- Assess scientific accuracy and validity of promotional and non-promotional material and its compliance with Takeda standards, SOPs and national laws;
- Develop comprehensive mapping and planning of regional KOL engagement in close collaboration with local affiliates (LOCs) and Global Medical Affairs, drive and track the implementation and benchmark success;
- Responsible for fostering communication between KOLs and external contacts in order to provide guidance education and assistance to HCPs, support strategies for publications;
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of Advisory Board Meetings and scientific encounters;
- Attend relevant conferences and scientific meetings to maintain and develop a network of contacts with specialists and customers;
- Work closely with the EUCAN Medical Data Generation team to ensure therapy strategy is reflected in the development and implementation of research studies and support the EUCAN market needs;
- Continuously screen, review and analyse scientific literature; generate summaries & critical assessments if appropriate. Provide appropriate strategic and operational input into company objectives;
- Leading member of the regional medical affairs team;
- Present, as appropriate, the clinical evidence to internal and external stakeholders in a non-promotional way, e.g. reimbursement bodies;
- Assist market access, if requested, with regard to medical content in health technology assessment and value dossiers;
- Be an expert for the allocated product and therapy area, providing medical advice to external stakeholders and internal colleagues, such as other departments within the EUCAN regional office and LOC/MCO medical teams team;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of developments within IBD, regulatory guidelines and company SOPs;
- Keeping the Head EUCAN Medical Affairs of IBD up to date on relevant medical plan projects or clinical issues within the organisation;
- Budget responsibility and planning for medical affairs activities related to therapy area/product.
- Provide leadership to LOC/MCO Medical Directors on operationalizing the therapy vision as set by the Head EUCAN Medical Affairs of IBD;
- Ensure consistency of LOC and EUCAN medical team as well as other regional teams processes and metrics (KPIs) across therapy area;
- Support on-boarding, training and knowledge transfer together with Regional Trainers within the medical department.
- Ensure awareness and communication of medical activities to other departments within the regional and local organizations;
- Participate in regional product committees and brand planning cycles; owner of medical part of brand plan;
- Work closely with internal stakeholders including Marketing, Market Access, Regulatory, Strategy and Compliance.
- MD or PhD;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in IBD, Gastroenterology or Immunology or a directly related clinical field or clinical development;
- Prior experience in Medical Affairs in pharmaceutical industry, LOC experience an asset;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Commercial acumen and the ability to influence others;
- Strong collaboration and problem solving skills;
- Excellent relationship management.