Senior Manager Market Intelligence, Microbial Manufacturing
Job Description Summary
Responsible for strengthening Lonza’s microbial market presence, develop the product portfolio and provide market and competitive insights on a product/company /pipeline/ technology/capacity basis for the Microbial business. The Senior Manager Market Intelligence reports to and enables the Head of Market Intelligence Chemical & Microbial Manufacturing (CMM) to support Commercial Development, Sales and BU Head to grow the Microbial business. He/She should also be able to serve as back up to support the MI team for Chemical Manufacturing.
- Drive and develop evidence-based insights and recommendations to guide Microbial strategy;
- Analyze Microbial market dynamics and trends in the CDMO space, determine implications for Lonza;
- Provide insights on customers/competitors and track capacity expansions in the Microbial area;
- Support the microbial business team during RFP’s with market intelligence to secure new customer projects;
- Proactively identify new microbial opportunities for the sales organization using pipeline databases and news screening;
- Assist with primary market research, when warranted, to assess business opportunities and validate key assumptions including recommending and managing vendors;
- Develop the microbial portfolio and represent Microbial Market Intelligence at Product Strategy Reviews and R&T Innovation meetings;
- Generate marketing materials for sales including presentations, whitepapers and success stories;
- Understand Microbial competitors communication strategy and value propositions.
Qualification and requirements
- Master’s Degree in a life science discipline (Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry or related) required, Study in Business Administration /MBA/MS advantageous;
- 5+ years experience in Microbial area working in a pharmaceutical/biotech/CDMO company. Work experience in Competitive Intelligence/Analytical discipline;
- Significant experience of market analysis and/or market research experience in contract manufacturing (CDMO) preferably in biologics;
- Comprehensive knowledge of cGMP, drug development including clinical trials, healthcare, and regulatory aspects of drug approval;
- Knowledge of biological molecule types and expression systems;
- Expert skills in Excel, big data handling programs and PowerPoint;
- Networking skills within Pharma and Biotechnology industry;
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills;
- Highly personable and a strong communicator with an ability to establish and maintain key relationships with external and internal stakeholders;
- Deliver concise and summarized actionable relevant insights;
- Possessing a mindset that has a passion for excellence;
- Ability to multi-task and work toward deadlines;
- Able to work in complex and fast-paced matrix environment;
- Likes to work proactively and bring in new ideas.
- English, German.