Associate Director, Med Affairs - Liver Disease
We have an exciting opportunity within our Medical Affairs team in Germany for an Associate Director, Medical Affairs, Liver Disease. This role will be office based at the Martinsried/Munich office and will be a member of the International Medical Affairs organisation.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Provides local medical expert input into global product development for Liver Disease.
- Represents the company to groups of experts, medical professional groups, societies, regulatory groups at international scientific meetings and national scientific meetings.
- Develops and leads plans with national cooperative groups to define what are the gaps and potential specific national requirements/needs. Supports the development of local complex clinical data through clinical trials and investigator studies. Develop Health Economic Outcome Research programs for the country.
- Contributes to the development of the Market access Strategy in coordination with the Market Access, Regulatory affairs and country Medical Director and General Manager; deliver the medical part of the plan
- Prepares for potential near future for Line management of Medical project Manager and Field Medical Scientific liaisons: hire a team in coordination with HR, local stakeholders and international.
- Provides strategic direction and vision to the country Medical Director, works as a team with the Business Unit Director and Market Access Director.
- Be part of the international medical affairs Liver Disease team and contribute to the overall international strategy and efforts.
- Regular communication with external medical community to remain abreast of issues in the field and to provide medical support and direction to them.
- Collaborates with project management, medical communications and commercial teams in multiple areas including publication planning, speaker education programs, regional consultant meetings, manuscript review and conference preparation.
- Working with Director/Senior Director on early development of a variety of projects, he/she provides independent thought and initiative in the further development of specific projects and ensuing presentations and reports.
- Attends most major conferences and helps coordinate medical affairs activities at conferences and may present to external audience.
- Responsible for the development and execution of projects that will provide more extensive background, additional data or answers to questions in response to issues that arise relative to commercial, scientific or data needs.
- Serves as “back-up” to Director for medical review at Promotional Review Committees.
- Manages projects to completion, anticipating obstacles and difficulties that may arise, resolving them in a collaborative manner.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- The ideal candidate will be an MD, preferably with board certification in Liver Disease with significant clinical and research experience in the key therapeutic areas.
- Industry experience is essential, ideally including recent experience of a successful launch within Liver Disease. Must have demonstrated organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills along with excellent judgment and ability to work in a team environment. Strong presentation skills are required.
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience is a must.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international conferences which will include occasional weekend travel is required.