Manufacturing Operations Manager
The primary purpose of this position is to provide leadership and direction to the manufacturing operations function within Cook Medical, this includes managing Production Managers and Operations Analyst in accordance with policies and procedures to implement and carry out company goals providing direction/guidance to ensure that expectations and goals are clear and understood.
Reporting to: Director of Operations
- Develop short, medium and long term objectives for the production function to support overall company goals and objectives.
- Resource & lead a team responsible for the manufacture & shipment of medical devices within Cook Medical.
- Work closely with other functions, particularly Quality & Engineering to build effective relationships which facilitate achievement of Manufacturing functional objectives as well as overall site objectives.
- Liaise regularly with other Cook manufacturing sites and Strategic Business Units to support global business goals.
- Seek out manufacturing best practise with an emphasis on continuous improvement to assess what can be learnt and implemented at Cook Medical to drive an efficient operation.
- Review processes to proactively identify areas where systems can be strengthened & direct Operations Analyst in their implementation.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant quality system policies & procedures and participate in and facilitate internal and external audits.
- Ensure full compliance with Environmental Health & Safety policies and procedures within manufacturing area. Encourage timely investigation of issues and help instil a culture of shared responsibility to ensure safety of all.
- Generate training and development plans, carry out performance appraisals, deal with performance related issues & act as a point of escalation where necessary to support direct reports.
- Mentor & coach direct reports to facilitate achievement of functional goals & objectives.
- Ensure excellent communication channels are maintained across all teams within the Production function, and that all relevant information is disseminated appropriately and in a timely fashion.
- Act as a designee for the Director of Operations for Change Control review per Quality System Procedures.
- Ensure that Cook Code of Conduct is considered in all business matters carried out on Cooks behalf.
- Third level degree in a relevant field of study and/or relevant management experience at a senior level, in a complex, multi-disciplined environment.
- Ideally exposed to Lean Manufacturing, with Six Sigma green or black belt would be an advantage.
- Understanding of commercial implications of Production management, including experience of financial planning and budgeting.
- Knowledge of medical device quality standards ISO13485/FDA practices and GMP or similar regulated industry standards.
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft® Office.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Strong business systems knowledge and experience working closely with IT and Finance.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement improvement opportunities using structured project management techniques.
- Excellent organisational and team building skills.
- High self-motivation.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and availability to travel on company business.