Medical Manager Inflamatory Bowel Disease
- Provide medical expertise and support for Therapeutic Area(s)/ Takeda products of responsibility to Market Access, Marketing & KAMs and other internal stakeholders;
- Support the Multi Country Organization (MCO) Medical Director in establishing the MCO and local Medical Strategy Plan and its implementation for the TA of responsibility;
- Ensure the correct interpretation and communication of scientific data of Takeda products;
- Advocacy for patients needs;
- Provide TA leadership.
- Continuously screen, review and analyse scientific literature; generate summaries & critical assessments if appropriate;
- Present the clinical evidence to internal and external stakeholders in a non-promotional way, e.g. reimbursement bodies, while determining their and patient needs in order to become a partner in improving health care;
- Assess scientific accuracy and validity of non-promotion material and its compliance with Takeda standards, SOPs and national laws;
- Communicate and align with Regional and Global Medical Affairs functions, as well as with other MCO/Local Operating Country (LOC) functions (e.g. Commercial, Market Access) to ensure alignment in meeting customer needs;
- Develop all local strategic medical plans in line with product Life Cycle Management plans and oversee execution (including the production of local publications, planning and conduct of local Advisory Board meetings etc.);
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), understand their needs in order to segment them and create medical strategy and tactics per segment accordingly;
- Act as communication link to authors of scientific publications about Takeda products;
- Provide extensive, clear and structured briefing to external presenters/speakers at Takeda sponsored medical events, e.g. local Advisory Boards, doctors’ meetings;
- Identify gaps in the MCO/local clinical study program which are a hurdle for successful regulatory and/or clinical acceptance of the product and propose studies to address these issue;
- Provide medical expertise to MCO/LOC Market Access, e.g. Pricing & Reimbursement Dossier creation;
- Provide medical expertise to MCO/LOC Regulatory Affairs/LOC Pharmacovigilance/LOC Quality Assurance;
- Evaluate and support local investigator initiated research proposals in alignment with global strategy and Takeda standards and SOPs;
- Budget responsibility for medical affairs activities related to TA/product;
- Other medical and scientific support duties as assigned;
- Provide medical training for allocated therapeutic area/products to Marketing & Sales;
- Provide scientific input into Marketing strategy and tactics;
- Provide medical input for development of promotion material;
- Assess scientific accuracy and validity of promotion material and its compliance with Takeda standards, SOPs and national laws and regulations.
- Ensure awareness and communication of medical activities to other departments within the Local organization;
- Participate in local product committees and brand planning cycles; owner of medical part of brand plan.
- Develop study outline and protocol for local post-authorization (phase 4) and other RWE studies sponsored by Takeda; coordinate/oversee study conduct, data analysis and disclosure, reporting/publication;
- Liaise with CROs and other vendors for Takeda sponsored global studies as appropriate being able to do supervision to fulfil with regulations regarding local studies;
- Collaborate with Global Development Operations functions (e.g. LOC Support).
- Maintain a tracking system for all unsolicited medical enquiries;
- Provide timely, accurate and balanced answers to unsolicited medical enquiries;
- Collaborate with Regional and Global Medical Information.
- 5 direct reports;
- TA leadership to MSLs;
- Supervision of team processes and metrics to ensure consistency across TA;
- Lead local processes to hire new medical personnel for the TA;
- Leverage of strong leadership culture in order to develop and bind highly qualified employees to the company and to offer stimuli for reaching ambitious objectives;
- Support on-boarding, training and knowledge transfer together with Regional Medical Affairs (RMA) within the medical department;
- Travel up to 40%.
- Fluent in written and spoken Greek and English;
- 5 years experience in Pharma;
- Qualified MD (Doctor of Medicine);
- IBD/Gastro experience preffered;
- Advances scientific expertise is a must;
- Patient Centric;
- Excellent communicatoin and internpersonal skills;
- Excellent leadership capabilities and experience;
- Able to travel up to 40%.