Head of Manufacturing
The Head of Manufacturing is responsible for leading the manufacturing operations at Biogen’s new biologics manufacturing site in Solothurn, Switzerland. The role includes managing of personnel and activities related to Cell Culture, Purification, Media and buffer preparation as well as Dispensary. The Head of Manufacturing will build and hire the manufacturing organization and be part of the Site Leadership Team.
The Head of Manufacturing is responsible for directing all strategic, tactical and operational aspects of the group in order to support the bulk drug substance supply chain manufacturing schedule for manufacturing operations. The Head of Manufacturing ensures close collaboration with a multitude of other functional areas including, but not limited to, Global Engineering & Facilities, Quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing Sciences and Tech Development in order to ensure initiatives and projects meet the business objectives.
The Head of Manufacturing is responsible for managing the department budget, which includes developing, implementation, and tracking of department expenditures. Collaborates closely with other manufacturing sites in order to develop and implement systematic approach to continuous improvement. Ensures the harmonization of practices across manufacturing groups or functions. Provides global guidance in standards and practices.
The Head of Manufacturing is responsible to provide sound leadership and guidance and must ensure that employee development and continuous learning are priorities for the organization.
The preferred candidate holds a University degree, preferable Ph. D in a field of Science and has 15 years relevant experience within pharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing environment:
- Experience with Site Operations is required;
- Strategic decision maker with demonstrated ability to work autonomously and to lead project teams in a matrix organization;
- Dual Language preferred with a preferences for German and English;
- Prior experience with facility construction and start-up strongly preferred;
- Able to influence without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives and bring teams to consensus;
- Able to lead change and manage resistance to change;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Have a strong understanding of the finance/budgeting processes;
- Must be customer focused and able to deal with ambiguity;
- Ability to lead by example and develop teams that are continuously learning and growing;
- Able to develop a culture of continuous improvement across the site.
- University degree, preferable Ph. D in a field of Science.