Regional Medical Liaison
This position is a Regional Medical Liaison (RML) field-based position for the Metabolic Bone and Nephrology Therapeutic Area, covering the whole of the UK. This role will primarily involve work relating to Amgen’s growing portfolio of medicines used to treat Post-Menopausal Osteoporosis and the complications of Chronic Kidney Disease. As such this role demands an experienced professional with a proven ability to effectively communicate complex scientific matters with stakeholder at all levels. The successful candidate must be self-motivated and proactive as well as being a dedicated team-player.
The RML will interact with key opinion leaders/healthcare professionals to communicate and advance the scientific platform, as aligned with Amgen’s corporate goals, objectives and affiliate medical plans and provide feedback based on those field interactions.
The RML will foster relationships with key healthcare professionals including key registrars and nurses. The RML is an integral position in assuring accuracy in communication of our science and products across the medical community.
The RML will communicate complex cutting edge, scientific information and research concepts to healthcare professionals and support Amgen sponsored research.
The RML will represent Amgen medical department in the field within the metabolic bone and nephrology Therapeutic Area in compliance with local and Amgen regulatory standards.
- Medical or scientific degree.
- Advanced degree (e.g. MSC, PhD) preferred or strong demonstration of equivalent combination of relevant educational and professional training.
- Significant experience in a field-based medical role in the pharma/biotech industry.
- Experience in the Postmenopausal Osteoporosis or Nephrology;
- Network of customer contacts in Postmenopausal Osteoporosis or Nephrology;
- Supporting local and national clinical trials;
- Experience of working closely with sales and access teams;
- Good knowledge of clinical research, drug safety, legal and compliance environment.