Head of MED Parkinson's Disease
The purpose of the role is to drive the overarching SBU Medical Affairs strategy in the therapeutic area of Parkinson’s Disease in alignment with GRT’s strategic objectives across functions and SBUs in order to establish optimal product value and ensuring safe and appropriate use of GRT products by generating and communicating evidence, identifying and addressing educational needs, supporting compliant promotional activities.
- Develop, drive implementation, monitor success and adapt as needed the medical strategy for the therapeutic area PD in alignment with GRT’s strategic objectives in close collaboration with the respective brand team, local Medical Directors, across SBU medical functions and partner companies;
- Define the framework for the implementation of the medical strategy in close collaboration with the before mentioned stakeholders including generation and communication of evidence related to the therapeutic area PD, identifying and addressing educational needs in the respective disease area, generating and using promotional material compliantly, benchmarking the framework in the context of the competitor’s environment;
- Build a network and Interact with international medical experts to foster internal expertise, progress scientific knowledge, promote exchange of experience
- Focus on optimal product value and safe and appropriate use of PD products;
- Providing strategic medico-scientific guidance and operational support to the local organizations for PD products;
- Assess medical aspects of business opportunities in order to identify key medical risks; define risk mitigation strategies and prepare and execute integration of assets;
- Oversee local product related medical activities;
- Provide oversight to the head of Medical Affairs EU & North America.
- Advanced university degree in pharmacy or medicine;
- At least 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry incl. Medical Affairs; preferrably CNS;
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable legal & regulatory requirements;
- Thorough medical and scientific understanding of efficacy, safety and quality of medicinal products;
- Very good knowledge of English;
- Strategic Thinking;
- Operational Excellence;
- Customer Focus and sound communication skills;
- Strong ability to work successfully in a matrix organisation.