Partnering Manager - North America
Debiopharm Group™ (Debiopharm) is a Swiss-based biopharmaceutical group of five companies active in drug development, GMP manufacturing of proprietary drugs, diagnostics, and investment management. Debiopharm International SA searches, evaluates and in-licenses promising drug candidates for development. Towards the end of the development process, the products are licensed out to pharmaceutical companies for worldwide marketing and sales.
For our Business Development & Licensing Department based in Lausanne we are looking for a Partnering Manager - North America.
Your main responsibilities
- Develop new scouting strategies to identify global licensing opportunities;
- Feed the in-licensing pipeline with innovative oncology and anti-infective products;
- Prepare and conduct partnering discussions with North American organizations at international events (partnering meetings, scientific meetings);
- Nurture regular pro-active contacts with North American companies and institutions having a preclinical and early clinical pipeline of products in the field of oncology and microbiology;
- Present and defend programs at internal meetings during the early stages of the evaluation process;
- Facilitate follow-up interactions with potential partners for programs under internal evaluation;
- Maintain the internal database of in-licensing programs up-to-date;
- Collaborate with the evaluation and negotiation team during the in-licensing process.
- Business understanding of the partnering and licensing process;
- Advanced degree in oncology or microbiology;
- 5+ years experience in biotech or pharma, with a track record in licensing activities;
- Outgoing personality and excellent communication skills;
- High degree of self-motivation, coupled with a positive and a “can-do” attitude;
- Large North American biotech/pharma network strongly preferred;
- Excellent written and communication skills in English;
- Availability to travel (approx. 20%).
Debiopharm can offer you
- An international and highly dynamic environment, with a long term vision;
- The opportunity to join a successful company, at the forefront of the most advanced scientific developments in the industry;
- The possibility to be in a company in which innovation, people and entrepreneurship are the fundamentals of its success.
If you fit this profile please send your application to https://www.debiopharm.com/job-applications-lausanne.html.