Senior Medical Communications Writer
Milton Park, United Kingdom
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment within a growing team committed to providing our clients with leading expertise in scientific communications and market access.
As a Senior Medical Writer, you will provide senior level medical/clinical writing support, which involves the management/development of written and digital deliverables. Responsibilities will include development of outlines, manuscripts, abstracts, scientific posters, and slide presentations that are generally focused on a specific therapeutic area. The Senior Medical Writer works closely with other Editorial and Client Services team members to meet client expectations, budgets and timelines. Travel to professional meetings, client locations, and other project-related travel may be required.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in life sciences or economics and, preferably, a postgraduate position in a health related discipline;
- Relevant experience within a consulting or pharmaceutical industry environment;
- Three (3) or more years of relevant pharmaceutical/medical writing experience;
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical data from a variety of scientific sources;
- Ability to develop presentations and articles for peer reviewed publications that conform to prescribed styles and formats;
- Excellent demonstrable understanding of ICMJE and GPP guidelines and regulations;
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software, Word Processing software, Graphics software (eg, PowerPoint or Prism), Bibliographic software (eg, EndNote) and any other applicable software as may be needed by the job from time to time as it evolves;
- Knowledge of process for obtaining market access for drugs or devices;
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- High self-motivation.