Associate Director of Statistical Programming
We are seeking an Associate Director of Statistical Programming within one of our business units FSP or BDM. You will be a strong lead/manager dedicated and responsibility to project resourcing and supervise teams as well as address escalated issues, performance issues, performance and assignments, training, and administrative issues. While you not need to be a full time manager and could be a hands on lead, you will provide more project management and resource allocation than day-to-day programming.
You will partner with client management to increase efficiency/productivity over the course of the partnership through training, simplifying process, use of technology and re-usability/standardization of programming/best practices. It is imperative that you have strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills.
Key responsibilities of Associate Director of Statistical Programming
Correct and timely completion of all administrative tasks needed for all studies supported by the business unit. This includes:
- Training and assessment of staff;
- Timely completion of all documentation needed for GCP and general compliance requirements;
- Proactively reporting any items that may impact the timeliness or correctness of any Biometrics deliverable;
- May provide both production and QC programming support of SDTM datasets, analysis datasets, tables, listings, and figures for multiple clinical trials using SAS software;
- Insures the correct and timely deliverables of all work requested by client;
- Provides timely communication of issues, risks, and successes of the programming team;
- Is responsible for all timelines, including communicating proactively and effectively if timelines are at risk so that plans can be adjusted;
- Must attend team meetings and be available during client working hours.
Qualifications and Experience
You will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a scientific discipline such as Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, IT, Biology, Social Science, etc, and a minimum of eight (8) years of SAS programming experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry with some experience using CDISC standards. Additionally, we require:
- Direct line management experience managing statistical programmers;
- Project management experience with some measurable amount supporting biometrics work;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to handle large volume of complex tasks with minimal or no input from management;
- Ability to handle ad-hoc requests with minimal guidance;
- Ability to recognize when negotiating skills are needed and to seek assistance when necessary.