Senior Scientist - Cell Line Development
Slough, United Kingdom
Job Description Summary
This scientist will perform scientific and technical aspects of cell line development within the IB Catalyst lipids project in a matrix management structure. They will deliver the objectives of the IB Catalyst project related to cell line development to project timeline and to required standard
- Performance of scientific and technical aspects of cell line development within IB Catalyst lipids project in a matrix management structure. To deliver objectives of the IB Catalyst project related to cell line development to project timeline
- Responsible for the design, execution and delivery of multiple aspects of cell line development projects (safety, quality, right first time, on time) including completion of project dashboards.
- Critically review and interpret raw data & information to produce good quality process knowledge
- Write reports to an agreed standard suitable for final review by project lead
- Initiate problem solving / trouble shooting activities and escalate as appropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-graduate experience working in the biotech / pharma industry or relevant academic group. Experience of technical issues and requirements for development of processes for cGMP manufacture of therapeutic proteins.
- Strong relevant practical laboratory skills and a genuine interest in science
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Demonstrates analytical approach to problem solving
Bachelors: Biochemistry (Required), Doctorate: Biochemistry, Masters: Biochemistry